Monday, March 11, 2013

No Sew Fleece Blanket

My latest obsession has been making the "No Sew Fleece Blanket" seen all over Pinterest. I had first seen these blankets at one of my daughter's volleyball games. A couple of her teammates had them. Being the hands on creative person I am, I knew I could make one of these blankets as soon as I seen it. The idea had been in my mind for a couple of weeks and I also seen a pin on Pinterest about making one. I had clicked it and gave it a quick skim. I mistakenly did not pin it. Oops.
A few days later, I made a trip to Joann's craft store with my mom to buy some yarn. I thought I'd take a look around in the fabric section. There it was. THE volleyball pattern I had seen my daughter's teammates with. 
Challenge accepted. 
I came home and whipped it up in about an hour. I was so excited about it that I forgot to take pictures. Good thing I have TWO daughter's cause I went back a few days later to make another blanket for my oldest.

Here's what I did-
I bought1 1 1/2 yards each of a fleece pattern and a coordinating color and a nifty new pair of fabric scissors.

Next, I laid both colors one on top of the other and cut off any excess fabric and the border.

I then found the center of a side and made about a 4 inch slit.

Then, I started making about 1 inch wide cuts down the whole left side of the slit. I've seen some people using rulers to make more uniformed cuts but if you want to live dangerously like me, just eyeball it. That's what I did. 

When I got to the corner, I cut off about 3 little flaps making a square of empty space.

Finally, I just began tying knots all the way across to the middle.

Continue cutting and tying the other half of the side and all around the blanket and you're done!

SUPER EASY!
Here's a pic of the first blanket I made with the volleyball pattern.

Have fun and don't be afraid to try it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment