Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dirty Makeup Brushes

I saw this post on Pinterest the other day about how to clean your makeup brushes. I know many people have probably pinned it as well and let it slip their minds. Well, NOT ME! I wanted to try it. I love trying things on Pinterest. I get A LOT of idea's from there. Who doesn't now a days? :-)

Lets get started shall we?

I first gathered all my makeup brushes together and took a nice pic for you all to see how dirty they were. To be honest, I don't even know when the last time I cleaned my brushes was so, you can just imagine how dirty they were.



Next, I got all the ingredients together to make the concoction.
1 cup of warm water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon of Dawn BLUE liquid dish soap. I know there are many dish soaps out there but, for some reason, Dawn BLUE liquid dish soap is the one I see most recommended for cleaning things. I guess it's just awesome?


Give it a little swirl to mix it all up.





I then dipped and swirled each brush one by one into the cleaner and rinsed them off with warm water.
Finally, I squeezed as much water out as I could, reshaped them, and laid them out to dry.




This is what the cleaner looked like after.
Eeewww! Chocolate milk anyone? lol! The first brush I laid down, I had smelled first. I read that this was suppose to make your brushes smell good as well. Even with the vinegar, the brush did smell pleasant. You're suppose to let the brushes dry overnight so don't do this right before you're planning to put makeup on. I will let you all know tomorrow how they turned out. Finger's crossed. :-)

NEXT DAY-

Brushes feel super soft. Just like new. The only thing is I still smell the vinegar a tad bit but, it doesn't bother me.



No comments:

Post a Comment